- Search Support
- MetroLAN Fibre
- MetroLAN Wireless
- Inspire DSL
- Prepay / Student City
- Inspire Free Wifi
- Web Services
- MetroLAN Private
- Dark Fibre
- Roundcube Webmail
- My Account
- General Settings
- Client Setup Guides
- Report Spam
- Scam Alert
- Connection Issues
- Network Status
- Maintenance Windows
- Returns Policy
- Fair Use Policy
- Terms and Conditions
A scam is any email or link within an email, a phone call or even a text that asks you to provide any of your personal details or banking information.
The aim of scammers is to trick you into providing these details or making direct payments to them. They send out emails to thousands of people every day, and use things such as refunds, incorrect billing, call backs etc.
If you're unsure if the email or call is genuine, the best thing to do is delete or hang up.
Please report any suspicious emails or calls to us via email as it does help us to take action against them. Try to include the full email header information provided. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Badly worded or formatted
- Spelling mistakes and spaces or strange characters used
- Fake ‘from’ email address. Inspire Net always uses .net.nz
- Fake website address it references
If you believe you have received a suspicious email…
- Make sure you have contacted the Police first and foremost.
- You should probably use their new 105 number.
- Police website - https://www.police.govt.nz/advice/cybercrime-and-internet
Consider contacting the following groups for help:
- Do not reply to the email or click on any links in the email as they may take you to a fake website.
- If you believe you have submitted any personal or credit card data, please contact your bank immediately.
- If there is any reference to your password, change immediately.
There are always new scams, so we won’t have all listed below. However here are some we’re currently aware of.
- Caught.. make payment to stop us sharing your naughty web cam footage
- Incorrect billing details. Internet service will be suspended unless payment is made within 24 hours.
- IRD. Eligible to receive a refund. Have your credit card ready.
- Phone call. Internet will be cut off in 24 hours due to suspicious activity. Press 1 to speak to technician. (Might ask you to install software that allows them to take control of your computer)