We understand that sometimes you may need to return a product you have purchased from Inspire Net Ltd. To assist you, we have set out below the Inspire Net Returns Policy highlighting key points that you should know.
New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act
Our Returns Policy includes, and does not seek to exclude or limit, the rights you have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (if you are a consumer) and other relevant laws.
If you are a consumer under the Consumer Guarantees Act, in summary:
- Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Consumer Guarantees Act. You are entitled to require us to remedy the failure within a reasonable time if the failure can be remedied. If we fail to do so, you can have the failure remedied elsewhere and obtain from us the reasonable cost of doing so, or you can choose to reject the goods. You can also reject the goods if the failure cannot be remedied or if it is of a substantial character, or in such a case you can seek damages in compensation for any reduction in the value of the goods below the price you paid. If you reject the goods you are entitled to a replacement or refund. In addition to these remedies, you are entitled to damages for loss or damage resulting from the failure that was reasonably foreseeable as liable to result from the failure.
- Your rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act are not limited by a defined time. However, the relevant time period for which a remedy may be available can vary from product to product, depending on factors such as the nature of the product and the price. As you can appreciate, the type of remedy we can offer you may also vary depending on how long it takes you to return the product to us.
Returning products to our store
You may bring the item into the Inspire Net office to have your item assessed.
- Please retain your receipt
In order to obtain any remedy from us, you must provide us with a clear proof of purchase. The proof of purchase may either be a:
- Receipt or invoice issued; or
- Bank statement or credit card statement where the amount on the statement directly corresponds with the purchase price of the product
Once proof of purchase has been established, if the product fault can safely and clearly be determined in store, we will offer you a refund, exchange, or repair. The available remedy will depend on whether the fault can be remedied and/or whether it amounts to a failure of a substantial character. Where the product fault is uncertain, difficult or potentially dangerous to determine in store (for example if it is an electrical or software product) we will need to consult with the manufacturer or repair agent to determine the fault and resolution. When we send your product to the manufacturer or their repair agent, we will ask them to assess the product and provide their assessment within a reasonable timeframe.
Once the product is with the manufacturer or their repair agent, they will determine whether:
- there is no fault found;
- the product has been damaged or abused through misuse, abnormal use or negligent use.
- there is a fault which can be repaired within a reasonable timeframe;
Where the manufacturer's assessment finds that there is no fault with the product, or that the product has been damaged due to misuse, abnormal use or negligent use, we may require you to pay us for any fee incurred by us in connection with the assessment of your product, and the transportation.
Inspire Net Ltd cannot offer a refund or exchange where there is no fault with the product, or the product has been damaged due to misuse, abnormal use or negligent use, whether that has been identified by Inspire Net, the manufacturer or the repair agent.
The Inspire Net Returns Policy applies to goods sold to you by Inspire Net, such as hardware, and does not apply to services offered such as an internet connection, data caps and bundled voice minutes. We understand that some situations are more complex with regards to resolving issues or queries and our Customer Service Team are trained and capable with dealing with queries over the phone. We are committed to resolving issues quickly and fairly but if you feel we have been unable to do so through contacting our Service Team please take the opportunity to register your feedback or complaint through our Feedback or Complaint procedure.
Inspire Net will provide a refund on any product you have purchased from us as long as:
- the product is returned to Inspire Net within 30 days
- the product is returned with its original packaging
- the product is not damaged or faulty
- proof of purchase is provided
Inspire Net will replace any faulty product/s you have purchased or received. It is important to note that the company will invoice your account the cost of the replacement product.
Once the product has been returned to Inspire Net it will be assessed and tested by these factors:
- Fall within the manufacturer’s warranty life
- Has not been damaged due to negligence
- The hardware is part of a plan required to provide Inspire Net’s service
Your account will be credited the full amount or part thereof depending on the factors above.
Courier / Postal charges
If there has been a courier or postal charge incurred, we will reimburse all actual and reasonable costs associated with this when agreed to by Inspire Net prior to sending the product to us. Please retain your receipt. If you lose or misplace your receipt, we will reimburse as per our standard courier charges.