Domain Name Registration
A domain name is your brand or name on the Internet. It is typically used for email addresses and as a website address (technically referred to as a URL) if required. It can also be useful for other internet services.
Technically, a domain name is just an entry in a database that shows that a particular company, organisation or person holds the unique rights to a domain name for a period of time. Inspire Net is a domain name registrar and can assist its customers in having the rights to a .nz domain name or a gTLD or International (typically a .com, .org or .net) domain name.
Inspire Net charges NZ$45 per year for a domain name to be registered to you. This also includes DNS services from Inspire Net as required – DNS services are required for a domain name to be functional. You can make as many changes to your domain name’s DNS entries as you like by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org .
Each unique mailbox associated with a domain name costs $3 per month. Typically each person that uses that domain name for email will have their own mailbox. However, each mailbox can have many email addresses associated with it.
Inspire Net can offer webhosting services to work alongside your domain name.
Any questions please give our helpdesk a call on 0800 484 363 or contact us through our online form.
Domain names that Inspire can register for you
Inspire Net offers many different types of domain names for registrations. To keep things simple we charge $45 per year (inc. GST) for all of our standard domain names.
We offer registrations services for domain names ending with the following extensions.
New Zealand domain names:
- .co.nz – typically used for a New Zealand company but no restrictions on its use
- .net.nz – typically used for a New Zealand network provider but no restrictions on its use
- .org.nz – typically used for a New Zealand organisation but no restrictions on its use
- .gen.nz – For New Zealand general use
- .school.nz – typically used for a New Zealand school but no restrictions on its use
- .ac.nz – typically used for a New Zealand academic institute that isn’t a school but no restrictions on its use
- .maori.nz – typically used for use by Maori organisations but no restrictions on its use
- .geek.nz – typically used by geeks who want to prove their geek-ness online
- .kiwi.nz – a domain name extension with a unique kiwi flavour
- .nz - new second level domain names, with some current restrictions, see http://anyname.nz for more details
International domain names:
- .com – typically used by American or multinational companies
- .net – typically used by American or multinational network providers
- .org – typically used by American or International organisations.
Please contact us if you wish to register a domain name not featured in these lists and we may still be able to help but please note, additional charges may apply.