Here at Inspire, we’re using the Governments’ Ultra-Fast Fibre Broadband (UFB) plans to bring fibre to homes, businesses, schools and rural areas. The two programmes the Government developed to expand New Zealand’s broadband services are the Ultra-Fast Broadband Initiative and the Rural Broadband Initiative. For more information about the Government’s plans, take a look at their website at http://www.med.govt.nz/sectors-industries/technology-communication/fast-broadband
Fibre can deliver large amounts of data further, faster and more consistently than the copper cables that traditionally deliver telecommunications services, and it means it will be possible to deliver higher data speeds that can support services like internet television and high definition video conferencing. Some other benefits are:
- Faster upstream and downstream speeds
- A greatly improved ability to download and upload content at a faster rate.
- Voice over internet phone services that can save you money
- Multiple users on more devices
- Better online TV and video
- A much better experience watching TV or movies online, and smoother online gaming.
- As more people in more households connect at the same time, current copper based broadband speeds can slow down. UFB will help reduce or even eliminate this with faster upstream and downstream speeds.
Inspire currently has handovers in place for providing UFB services in Palmerston North, Feilding, Levin, Wanganui, the greater Wellington area, Blenheim, Masterton, Auckland, Gisborne, Napier/Hastings, Paraparaumu, and Whangarei.
Installing fibre into your house or business involves physically connecting a fibre optic cable to your premises from the roadside. This may involve digging a trench, feeding the line through existing ducting or other methods. Once we have received your fibre application, we’ll give you a call to tell you exactly how the installation will proceed and explain everything in detail. We’ll also need to physically install two small boxes – one on the outside of the house and one on the inside. Either you or someone else will need to stay home on a weekday for this installation to occur, but we’ll give you as much notice as possible beforehand.
To get connected, or see pricing, click on one of the options below and follow our sign up process. If you would like more information about UFB in your area, call our Helpdesk on 0800 484 363 – we’re available from 7:00am to 10:00pm, seven days a week, 364 days of the year.